Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MY Class play. ABCs of Thanksgiving.


We went to Gracie’s 1st grade Thanksgiving play and they recited their ABC’s of Thanksgiving. I think I will too.

A – that’s easy. Andy. He is an amazing person, he is a wonderful husband, fantastic father, colossal coach . Can I have two A’s? Allison. Alli is such a great daughter. She is smart, beautiful, happy, picky, and all that a mother could ask for in a daughter – now she is my friend too.

B – do I dare say? Basketball. Basketball is a member of the family. It puts food on our tables and smiles on our faces. Go Panthers and Cowboys!

C – okay – college. I have loved to go back to school. I love to learn and understand stuff.

D – Diet Dr. Pepper. Nuff said.

E – Extra credit.

F – fat that is gone. So far I have been able to lose a bit over 70 lbs. Buh bye, please don’t ever come back. Also, friends I have. I have one friend who couldn’t be more like me if she tried. That is probably why I love her so much! She is probably also young enough to be my daughter – that’s ok, I like to be young at heart.

G – Gracie – she is a gift from above. She has brought so much joy in to so many people’s lives. She was saved for a reason – we know what part of that was, I can’t wait to see the rest. Also another G – grandbabies. One so far, two soon. Katie bug is nothing but a joy. I hate that I don’t live closer so I can watch her grow and laugh at all the silly things she seems to do. Can’t wait to see you buggie!

H – Hill Rom-What you say? Hill Rom sent me and some business friends on a very nice relaxing trip by the ocean – If I think of a better H, I will put that here too.

I – In laws. I have terrific inlaws. Thanks so much for your support over the years and for your son! Also thankful for Kyle my son in law. He is such a good husband and dad. I think I will get him some garlic for Christmas…jk Tag.

J – Joey – Elder Vasher. What a funny boy he is! I miss his jokes, his laugh and everything about him. He is serving his mission faithfully and never complains. I miss you and love you Joey.

K – This is a double header too. I will say Kyle first. Kyle is the kindest boy I know. He is so scatter brained, yet he can always warm my heart. I love that boy. K number 2 – is my ever present sister. Kay died after a great battle with cancer that lasted almost 18 years. She just didn’t know it was fighting with her! I love my sister and her legacy. I love that she always made me try to be better. I love the love she freely shared with my children. I love her selflessness. I miss her. I also love her family. They are three strong kids and a dad and I love them too. We had a talk in stake conference one time which talked about when we will be judged. He equated our judgment with a dive. The score of a swimming dive is based on difficulty. My guess is that your difficulty marks put you way above the rest. I love you all!

L – Liesel – my new daughter in law. I could not have picked anyone better for my Nate if I tried. Thank you for falling in love with my son! Also lots of laughter. There is NOTHING better than a good laugh.

M – oh for sure Mr. Matthew. He is probably the funniest 4th grader I have ever known. Recently he has taken to scrubbing the bathroom and floors too – go figure! He is my conscience and I am glad he is my son!

N – Nathan. Nathan. Nathan. Did I ever really think you would turn out so well? Of course I did. You are an example to us all.

O – Organized teachers. School is hard enough, but I love it when I have organized teachers. Sound silly? I don’t think so…

P – Parents. My parents are the best. I miss them so much and wish we lived closer together AND wish they would get some adventurous spirits and hop on that plane to come see me!

Q – Quick and easy ANYTHING.

R – Recorded TV. We just got DVR with our Dish and it has changed our lives. I am sorry that is so dramatic – oops got to go record the North Carolina game.

S – Salary – I am sure thankful we have one in these tough times. Also Stanford for letting me do my clinical hours there and be around all those smart people.

T – the T in ATT internet. Can I say I love my high speed internet? Does that make me shallow? Or just show how impatient I am.

U – umbrella – it rained today, I did not have one. My nice smooth, freshly straightened hair – frizz ball.

V – Anything Vasher. Also Victories are fun.

W – West Coast. I never thought I would love living in California. Well, I am there and I do.

X – Excitement that this season brings – Christmas and of course, basketall.

Y – Yesterday – it was a good day.

Z – zucchini – Gracie reminded of my love for zucchini. She loves it too. We go crazy for those little green fellows.

2 comments:

Greg and Kelli Clark said...

I loved your post. we all have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful to have you as my aunt. I miss you guys so much and wish I could see you more often. I am sorry I have not kept in touch better. I love you all and am thankful that you are in my family

alli taggart said...

good post! just three more weeks until we come!