Monday, November 10, 2008

Learning how to be a grandmother

I read Alli's post on how to be a mother. It kind of grows on you...some days like moss and somedays like kissable mistletoe. And as far as the fits in the store, it sometimes becomes a pain when you just pack up the kids and leave the store - to teach them a lesson and to avoid any criminal charges. But, it all works out. I love going to the store with Matt and Gracie now - their favorite activity is going to Costco for samples. Matthew even tried Quiche the other day...there weren't a lot of other choices. They are constantly finding me things that Katie would love - I am not sure Katie would like some of their choices - but I am sure they would love to play with them.

Today as I sat on the phone with Alli and I could hear Katie in the background saying Hi Gaamaa and answering what all the animals say, or the video of her counting - well, she knows when to say two and is very impatient until she can say nine. But my favorite thing is to tune into alli's blog to see what Katie's has hidden that day or what cute, naughty thing she has done. (By the way, it is never naughty when you are a Grandma...)

It is very hard to be so far away, but I know it is ok. It is just a blessing to be a Grandma and know my daughter is such a good mom.

No comments: