Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Basketball heaven.....

If there is such a place, my boys are there now. Kyle is playing in the Adidas Super 64 tournament in Las Vegas with a team from Vegas. He is having a good time, learning so much, playing with some REAL players. Andy said Kyle had a "poster" moment earlier today - only he was the one getting dunked on. A whole different level. But, Andy said he was holding his own and playing pretty well.

Andy and Matt were sitting in the big gym today sandwiched between Duke staff in front of them and North Carolina behind them. When he was talking on the phone it was Jay Wright from Villanova walking in with them. Ben Holland from UCLA, knew he knew Andy from somewhere - so they reconnected. Once they got the conversation going, he remembered Andy from Snowflake - then Columbia when he recruited Derrick Stewart - he asked Andy if Monterey was different than Snowflake - I wonder what he said. I know I am name dropping, but it is so fun for Kyle and Matt to see these coaches - they are more than ROCK stars in our house!

Matt got someone's autograph - I forgot who - some NBA player - oh I remember - Tim Hardaway. He isn't as bold as Nathan and Kyle were when they were youngins on the LV trips. Remember when Nate and Kyle got names like Mike K., Roy Williams etc? Oh well. The boys are in basketball heaven and Kyle is playing with the big boys and really learning how to block out and having a great time.

No comments: