Friday, October 24, 2008

Work stuff...sorta...


Don't feel bad for me as I have to endure a grueling trip to Laguna Beach for work on Monday. A group of us are going to a hospital furniture manufacturer showroom in Irvine and that nice company is putting us up at the Surf and Sand on Laguna Beach. I could get used to big companies flying me places...

AWHONN is the nursing organization that sets standards for my field of nursing. Each year they have a national conference where nurses from all over converge and learn all kinds of stuff. Nurses have the opportunity to apply to present new information or research they have conducted. I took a chance and submitted a project I have been working on and....I was accepted for presentation! So, I will be an official poster presenter at the 2009 national conference. A bit intimidating - but very exciting. The 2009 conference is in San Diego - San Diego here I come!

1 comment:

agary56 said...

You poor thing. You realize you will need to get the skates out and do a pass on the Laguna Beach sidewalk or the experience will be incomplete. Have fun!