Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ok, so no new pictures, but lots going on. We are trying to recover from the whirlwind weeks of driving which started in March by taking Joey to the MTC. I still cringe when I have to get in a car after the up and back treks to Provo and Rexburg. Those trips were fantastic - don't get me wrong. Nathan and Liesel's wedding was fantastic. I have experienced some crazy questions at work regarding the wedding and even some outright ridiculousness - oh well. I am sure they all know where I stand - now.

Joey sounds like he is getting anxious to get to Mexico. He said a spit last week about the Visa's being delayed to Mexico, so I will curious to find out what the deal is.

I have been a major grump and am ready not to be. I have my final exams this week in one of my classes. This class has been a big stressor since the beginning in January. My final consists of a written exam as well as a performance exam. Performance not like singing or dancing but a complete physical exam - you know like when you do your yearly checkups at the doc. I don't have to do any of the more "sensitive" exams as I did them in the mid semester (never want to do that again, but how many people can say they know what a prostate feels like). Kyle V. "volunteered" to be my model. He is ready and will know the 6 cardinal positions of gaze, the five auscultation points for cardiac function, as well as the anterior and posterior percussion and auscultation sites for the lungs. (I am reviewing as I am writing this. ) But I know his favorite part of the exam will be the breast exam - as if he were a girl. He promises me he won't giggle. We will see.

At the end of this semester, it will be exactly half way through my three year Master's program. It is kind of a long program as I have to have 500 clinical hours. The good news is that I start those clinical hours in the Fall. I don't know where that will be whether I will be able to do it in Salinas in my own department or will have to to go San Jose, Palo Alto or San Francisco. We will see - with the price of gas not under $4 anywhere now, I hope I can do it in Salinas.

One last major event occured in the past couple of weeks. On April 21, Andy and I remembered the day as our 25th anniversary. We say remembered as we weren't able to celebrate. We had planned a nice little trip but we delayed it as Nathan's wedding and reception jumped in there and that is ok. It has been an exciting 25 years - we have had our ups and downs - but certainly many more ups than downs. Andy is an awesome husband and so much more. He still floats my boat that is for sure.

2 comments:

lindseyj said...

I miss you guys! It sounds like the wedding went well. I sure wish we could have been there :( Good luck with your finals and you are amazing with all that you do. Hope to see you sooner than later. Love, Linds

alli taggart said...

i read this post to kyle and he said that we have the same "writing style." he couldn't explain further. oh, and another thing the vashers have introduced to kyle: pepperoni on sandwiches. he LOVES it.