Sunday, September 7, 2008

I feel like a 14 year old girl

I remember the night before my first day of high school. I didn't sleep AT all I was so scared. I cried in the morning because I didn't want to go to school - I wanted the familiarity of Show Low Junior High. Well, here we are again. Tomorrow I start at LPCH - maybe I think I should just stay at my own hospital for my clinical hours. I will be spending many hours there over the next three semesters. But then I remember that high school wasn't so bad. I know this experience is going to be amazing. I will start at CAPE (Center for Advanced Pediatric and Perinatal Education) which is located in the infamous Barn and work with the amazing Julie Arafeh. I will be working with the simulation lab and experience it on every level - even as a flustered videotaped participant trying to save that preemie baby and that mom who has something very wrong (oh yeah, can't wait to view that one!) I will also move into the main hospital and work with other fabulous CNSs. I am grateful for the opportunity that has been placed before me and I hope to make this a great experience! It's the next best thing to actually being a student at Stanford University!


The Barn

1 comment:

alli taggart said...

how many days do you go there?